A Wellbeing & Resilience Program
Bounce Back! has been extensively updated and revised. Three new Bounce Back books are now available. The original (2003) series of 4 Bounce Back! books are now out of print as they have been extensively revised, updated and condensed into three new books which are available for purchase. The 3 second edition books are supported by online materials and interactive whiteboard teacher tools and games and additional new picture books and novels which will be regularly added to the online lists each year. Access to these online materials is free to purchasers.
K-2 | Years 3-4 | Years 5-8
Each new Bounce Back! book is a flip book. The Teacher’s Handbook is on one side and the Teacher Resource Book with the Bounce Back! curriculum is on the other side.
Teacher's Resource Books
Each Teacher Resource Book has nine curriculum units:
developing positive and pro-social values
People Bouncing Back:
developing strategies for coping and bouncing back
finding courage in both everyday life and difficult circumstances
Looking on the bright side:
teaching optimistic thinking
amplifying positive emotions and managing negative emotions
skills for building and maintaining friendships
as a coping skill
skills for countering bullying
(STAR, CHAMP, WINNERS): skills and attitudes for being successful
The teacher’s handbook explores the theory, rationale and research behind the BOUNCE BACK! program and outlines strategies for its delivery
NEW online component
Available from Pearsonplaces:
• over 170 IWB activities and games;
• extensive resource lists featuring current children’s literature, songs, websites and movies,
• Bounce Back! parenting notes for each curriculum topic
• Elasticity: an additional curriculum unit
• Assessment tools and
• More than 200 blackline masters
The new online component is free to anyone who has purchased one of the new Bounce Back books.
What is the Bounce Back! program?
Bounce Back! is an award-winning wellbeing and resilience class-based program for children and young people from Kindergarten to Middle School.
Bounce Back! offers practical strategies to help children and young people function well at school and in life.
A whole school social and emotional learning curriculum program.
Promotes positive mental health, wellbeing and resilience for students and teachers plus safe and supportive class and school learning environments.
The Key Features of Bounce Back!
• It is a long-term, multi-year, multi-faceted whole-school program and not just an ‘add-on’.
• It is a universal program taught to all students, not just selected students. However concepts and skills from the program can also be further consolidated in individual or small-group sessions.
• The components and teaching strategies in the program are all evidence-based
• It is taught by classroom teachers and based predominantly on children’s literature (especially younger and older picture books) and follow-up language/literacy activities.
• There is a strong focus on circle time, cooperative learning approaches & educational games to build positive relationships, positive emotions and teach social-emotional skills.
• The social and emotional knowledge, skills and concepts in Bounce Back! are integrated with academic content wherever possible. Many aspects of the program can also be integrated with History, Social Studies, Health, Maths, Science, Music, Art & Drama
• The psychological content of Bounce Back! is predominantly drawn from two core models: Cognitive Psychology and Positive Psychology
• Parenting notes are provided on the Bounce Back topics so parents can be supporting the key messages in the home.